MelissaJJ

Libba Bray
Over My Dead Body
Kate Klise, M. Sarah Klise

The Hypnotist's Love Story

The Hypnotist's Love Story - Liane Moriarty I read this immediately after The Husband's Secret and What Alice Forgot, 2 other titles by this author which I loved. The Hypnotist's Love Story, however, I decidedly did not love. I didn't love the hypnotist (Ellen O'Something, the main character), I didn't love her boyfriend Patrick, and I didn't love Patrick's stalker. I didn't hate any of them, they were fine, and that's just the thing, they were FINE. Ellen was bland, Patrick did not strike me as appealing in any way. Saskia, aka the stalker, was at least a bit more interesting than those two, but even she could have been a little crazier. As it was the story just kind of moved along, with some of plot elements seeming to be thrown in at random (Ellen's mother is dating her father! Patrick's son actually did care when Patrick dumped Saskia!) And then the ending, you could see the bow wrapping it all up neatly and nicely. Really it wasn't a bad book, I guess I was just disappointed because I liked The Husband's Secret and What Alice Forgot so much. If only there were half stars I'd give 2 and a half, but like I said, it wasn't bad. So three stars it is.